Friday 18 October 2013

Of The Corner of My Eye

Newly completed painting acrylic on canvas 40 x 40 cm. Off to Will's Art Warehouse for their winter exhibition (not mentioning the c-word). Trying to illustrate the experience I have of seeing wildlife in my environment, that fleeting glimpse and playing with the decorative elements of my work. Tried it with green leaves as they were the ones I selected from the garden, especially the tear shaped Bay leaves, great to draw round and you get a lovely waft of herb, but I realised that I really have a problem with green. So an autumnal feel which I suppose is suitable for the season. Interesting to hear on Grayson Perry's much quoted lecture that blue paintings are what people want and I have also read that red ones sell for more, so I'm hitting two criteria with one image and avoiding horrid green.
More completed images soon and details of where my work can be seen over the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment